EMFs – A hidden stress causing untold harm to your health
EMFs – A hidden stress causing untold harm to your health
We love the convenience of our gadgets and why not, they seem to make our lives easier but are they detrimental for our health?
We have an increasing reliance on the convenience and fast advancements that modern technology delivers. However with the introduction of faster and more efficient technology like 5G, also comes some more sinister side effects.
Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs) What Exactly Are they?
Electromagnetic fields, also known as EMFs, are a form of radiation, an invisible field of energy that can be absorbed by the body. EMFs are generated when voltage or electricity flows in a given direction.
While this may sound a little high-tech, in reality we’ve been living in the constant presence of an electromagnetic field since time began. The sun, the earth, and our own body emits EMFs. However since the invention of electricity, humans have been steadily increasing EMF levels across the face of the earth.
Most modern technology we depend on produces electromagnetic fields some examples of these include:
- Mobile phones
- Radio signals
- Power lines
- Smart meters (digital electric and gas meters that measure consumption)
- UV lights
As EMF levels steadily rise, so do the health risks that come along with these invisible fields of energy.
Health Risks from EMFs
Exposure to EMFs will cause an increase in free radical concentrations. When free radical levels increase and are left unchecked, the reactive atoms can cause destruction through a process known as oxidative stress which can lead to a myriad of chronic illnesses.
As the unstable free radicals journey through your body, they continually cause oxidative stress. This means they injure crucial components of your healthy cells. As the damage accumulates, the healthy cells will lose the ability to function properly and this leads to long-term damage to your proteins, lipids, and you’re DNA – which can in turn impede the way your cells function and affect their ability to reproduce.
The accumulation of damage to the cells is what leads to the health risks associated with elevated levels of EMF exposure.
One of the most commonly used sources of EMFs that we use are our mobile phones and there is a LOT of science which shows that mobile phone radiation has a detrimental effect on our health.
In 2016 the National Toxicology Program (NTP) published findings of what is considered by many as the world’s largest, most well-designed study of its type on cell phone radiation. So we are talking, a massive ($30 million) +10 year US federal study conducted by experienced scientists that showed there was a carcinogenic effect.
They found that the link between mobile phone radiation and cancer was so clear that they decided that further studies needed to be done just to be sure they hadn’t made a mistake.
The other studies were published in 2018, and they also concluded? “Clear Evidence of Cancer” from mobile phone radiation.
Prior to that the biggest study on cell phone radiation was the $25 million Interphone study, a multinational case-control study set-up by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) a division of the World Health Organization, and they found that regular use of a mobile phone by adults can significantly increase the risk of gliomas by 40% with 1640 hours or more of use.
Just to clarify:
- Gliomas are a type of tumour that starts in the brain or spine that are typically malignant. Gliomas are particularly deadly. Most people survive only 1 to 3 years after diagnosis.
- 1640 hours equates to about 30 minutes per day over ten years.
“Malignant brain tumours are the most common cause of cancer-related deaths in adolescents and young adults aged 15-39 and the most common cancer occurring among 15-19 year olds.”
Besides brain tumours independent studies have also found that mobile phone radiation impacts many other important organs and tissues in and around your head and all over your body.
Biological effects of EMFs
When you look at the independent research the evidence is extensive. The biological effects of EMFs are widespread;
- Hormonal disturbance
- Genetic effects
- Cellular and molecular effects
- Behavioural changes
- Sleeping disorders
- Neurological disorders and deficits
- Impaired learning
- Reproductive issues
- Metabolic effects
- Depressed immune system
- Cardiovascular problems
- Skin conditions and rashes
- Muscle aches and pains
- Digestive issues
- Chronic fatigue
- EMF hypersensitivity
The evidence is quite overwhelming, so why are these negative affects not widely publicised. Well unfortunately the telecommunications industry is very powerful and has deep pockets so few people are aware of these devastating health effects.
So to summarise so far the oxidative damage and subsequent injury to the cells caused by chronic exposure to EMFs will cause numerous health issues – ranging from mild to life-threatening.
The human body is designed to deal with a barrage of potentially harmful compounds and irritants – like EMFs. But when levels become so high and so frequent that it is unable to keep up and combat the damage this radiation causes, it can have serious consequences. Therefore the introduction of 5G is a threat to everyone’s health.
What Is 5G?
5G stands for fifth-generation wireless.
5G is the latest wireless network technology that’s designed to transmit digital data even more quickly and efficiently.
5G promises faster speeds, better coverage, and an amplified ability to penetrate through obstacles e.g. through the walls of buildings.
5G technology is able to fulfil these requirements through.
- Millimetre waves, which are higher frequency waves that act as a sort of “super-highway” – allowing the transmission of large data at a much greater speed.
- The instalment of millions of new cell towers. Not only do new 5G towers need to be installed, but this new technology also requires an even greater density of towers to operate – meaning a greater volume of towers must be installed to replace older technology.
This influx of 5G EMF radiation amplifies the problem of excessive levels of EMF exposure substantially!
5G is a Problem
The introduction of the new 5G technology and towers is very problematic primarily for two reasons:
- The introduction of 5G doesn’t negate older wireless technologies like 4G or 3G. Rather than replacing these older networks, 5G towers will simply accompany them and work in conjunction with the existing towers – exponentially multiplying EMF levels and creating unprecedented levels of radiation.
- 5G technology is very new – meaning there are NO studies on itsshort and long-term effects on human health. So the reality, we know the dangers of EMFs are very real, unfortunately we have no clear understanding of the exact implications that these expedited levels of EMF radiation will have on our health.
Exposure to elevated levels of EMFs in our environment is inevitable. So what can we do to protect ourselves while still enjoying the conveniences of technology?
Completely avoiding EMFs is pretty much impossible. The key is to find a balance. One that allows you to enjoy all the benefits of technology and gives your body the tools it needs to combat the damaging effects of the inevitable EMF exposure.
The best way to protect your health is to take a “big-picture” approach and be proactive.
Here are a few suggestions to boost your body’s EMF-coping abilities:
- Diet can play a key role in bringing you back on an even keel by strengthening your antioxidant capacity and thereby repairing the damage done by EMFs and other toxins. For example, cruciferous vegetables, like broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale and cabbage contain nutrients that inhibit certain types of cancers, are high in antioxidant compounds and have anti-radiation properties.
- Incorporate earthing (grounding) into your daily life. Earthing helps stabilise your internal bioelectric environment and allows your body to better handle outside EMFs.
- Work on reducing your overall toxic burden to support and boost your body’s detoxification capabilities.
- Follow your circadian rhythm for proper rest and recovery.
- Maintain good blood sugar balance
- Manage your stress levels
Please see some of my other articles on Positive health online and energizemindbody.com blogs and articles to get more information on improving and supporting your wellbeing
Keep EMF Exposure to a Realistic Minimum:
- Use airplane mode – turn your devices off or onto airplane mode when you’re not using them. Unless your phone is on “Airplane Mode” or completely powered off, your phone is constantly emitting radio frequency microwave radiation as it tries to connect to a cellular network, to a WIFI network, or to a Bluetooth device. That means if you keep your phone in your pocket all day switched on you are slowly but surely zapping yourself and may expose yourself to that long list of health problems seen above.
- Your cell phone has 3 different kinds of wireless functionality. These are cellular (3G, 4G, etc.), AND Bluetooth AND WIFI. If you put your phone in Airplane Mode, on most phones this will turn off all radiation emissions. BUT on some phones it won’t, you will need to deactivate WIFI and Bluetooth manually.
- Keep devices like your tablet or mobile phone away from your body when not in use and avoid using your phone next to your ear. Radio frequency microwave radiation follows a rule of physics called the inverse square law. As a rule of thumb, signal strength falls off in proportion to the square of the distance to the source. So if you double the distance to the source (the phone to your head, for example) your potential exposure is four times less, since two squared is four. EMF radiation-free Air Tube Earbud headphones are excellent headphones to use instead of the wired and wireless as they eliminate EMF radiation to your head and ears.
- Use an ethernet cord instead of Wi-fi whenever possible.
- Unplug your Wi-fi router any time you’re not using it. Put it on a timer at night so it is turned off while you sleep also don’t sleep with your phone switched on at night. Your body needs quality downtime to recover. When you sleep the recovery process is made possible by the release of hormones. Studies show EMFs e.g. WIFI, mobile phone radiation perturbs the release of these hormones, not only upsetting your sleep pattern but also affecting your immune system.
Through taking these simple steps to reduce your overall EMF exposure, while supporting your body with good lifestyle habits, it will enhance your body’s ability to cope with unavoidable EMFs and support your body in defending your health. There are also effective products that will defend and support you from these harmful EMFs.
An excellent range of products are the Tesla pendants and plates which I have personally used for over ten years.
I have tried other products over the years and not found any to be as effective for me as the Tesla’s so I’ve stuck with them obviously.
The Tesla products are designed to harmonise the body’s electromagnetic field to external electromagnetic stress such as computers, mobile phones, WIFI and other electrical equipment, which you are now aware can cause serious effects on your wellbeing.
There are several different designs that have specific uses so please click on the link to learn more. https://www.holisticsonline.com/earthing-and-emf/tesla
I also like and use the Orgone pendants and pyramids as they are beautiful and have the ability to clean the energies in the room and protect individuals from the EMF radiation.
You have the power to protect yourself
Be proactive in protecting yourself from these harmful yet convenient technologies by putting in place daily lifestyle support, create good device hygiene practices and arm yourself with the appropriate Tesla protective tools to reduce your interactions with these health reducing devices https://www.holisticsonline.com/earthing-and-emf/tesla
You have the power to be proactive and protect yourself from the cumulative and detrimental effects that EMFs can have – even in the face of the damaging 5G technology. Arming yourself with the right tools and knowledge and implementing your acquired tools and knowledge is a very powerful weapon when it comes to defending your health.
- Electromagnetic Fields, Oxidative Stress, and Neurodegeneration (nih.gov)
- Electric & Magnetic Fields (nih.gov)
- Effects of electromagnetic fields exposure on the antioxidant defense system (nih.gov)
- Cancer epidemiology update, following the 2011 IARC evaluation of radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (Monograph 102) – ScienceDirect
- The role of electromagnetic fields in neurological disorders – PubMed (nih.gov)
- Extremely low-frequency electromagnetic fields cause DNA strand breaks in normal cells (nih.gov)
- http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases/clear-evidence-of-cancer-from-cell-phone-radiation-us-national-toxicology- program-releases-final-report-on-animal-study-1078348.htm
- http://www.bioinitiative.org/freeaccess/press_release/docs/Interphone.pdf https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160224132910.htm
- https://smartmeternewsupdates.wordpress.com/2016/02/25/ya-think-wireless-devices-may-have-something-to-do-with- this/
- A Prospective Cohort Study of Adolescents’ Memory Performance and Individual Brain Dose of Microwave Radiation from Wireless Communication (nih.gov)
- Health risks linked to electromagnetic field exposure — ScienceDaily
- What is millimetre wave technology? | About Verizon
Emma Lane ND Dip NT CMTA C.H.E.K IV HLC3 PEA RSA – Founder and Director of the Lane Wellness Group – has more than 30 years’ experience in the industry, working as a Naturopath, Naturopathic Nutritionist and Functional Medicine Practitioner. Emma has two busy practices in the north of England and central London and is also the founder and director of Integrative Health Education and PCI Europe. Emma regularly lectures around the world and is passionate about sharing her knowledge with other practitioners. She works closely with Dr Omar Amin, a world-renowned professor of parasitology. Emma is qualified to practise across a wide range of natural health sciences including Naturopathy, Naturopathic Nutrition, Functional Medicine, FSM,Neuro-linguistic Programming, Timeline Therapy, Hypnotherapy, Auricular Acupuncture, Functional Corrective Exercise, Sound Therapy and Energy Healing. For further information please contact Emma on Tel: 01924 242 851 and via Energize, Mind, Body; Integrative Health Education , Lane Wellness Group Holistics Online